Complete report could be read here.
Gist- In this report the motivational reasons under which people uses Facebook in banned country ( Iran ) are found by taking a survey among the people. Another country ( India) where Facebook is not banned is also taken into consideration in the survey to use how the pattern of usage differs in each country. The recent study by Joinson (2008) where he states that “Uses & gratifications ” motivation of specific uses and the satisfaction of people gained from such uses. Due to the time limit , Joinson’s created profiles or gratifications are used to find whether the users of Facebook have the same usage habits and some uses & gratifications are moditified by adding details to better understand the participants.
- Availability of good privacy settings that allow me to choose whom I would like to share content with.
- Curiosity to know what has happened in the period of absence.
- Taking into consideration the fact that a large number of Iranians live abroad, I am interested to know about the quality of their living and jobs around the globe
- Facebook has provided a platform where people can get a feedback on their own thoughts and ideas.
- To be in touch with colleagues about work-related tasks.
- To learn something new on the internet.
- “(to) Pass time”
- With the kind of exposure Facebook has, its easy to be in the thick of things.